You can enable Google reCAPTCHA in your Webmecanik Automation forms to limit bots and spams form submissions.
You have 2 possible configurations:
- Google reCAPTCHA v2: allow you to add a form field where user will have to interact.
- Google reCAPTCHA v3: allow you to add a form field without interaction needed. It also insert the same feature in email clicks to block antispam and trackers.
The configuration is done in 2 steps, in Google Admin and then in Webmecanik Automation.
- Browser https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin. You need to have a Google account and being logged into it.
- Create a new reCAPTCHA by clicking the top right + icon.
- Fill out the different fields.
- Copy public and private keys.
Webmecanik Automation configuration
Go to Webmecanik Automation, click on the wheel on the top right corner, then click on "Plugins" and "reCAPTCHA".
- The plugin settings opens, fill in the Google Keys.
- Select the Google reCAPTCHA version you want to use (v2 or v3).
Add reCAPTCHA to your forms
- In the left menu, click on "Components" then on "Forms".
- Click on "New" to create a form.
- Add your different fields.
- Add the reCAPTCHA.
- Fill the label. If you don't want it to show, click "No".
- Save and close.
reCAPTCHA v2 look
reCAPTCHA v3 look
Notice you don't have any field, this is end-user transparent. Nevertheless you'll have a reCAPTCHA mention on top right of the page:
More information about reCAPTCHA v3
reCAPTCHA v3 is automatically added to you emails. The invisible validator is applied to all your email links. in consequence, bots and firewalls are blocked from clicks and are not counted in your email statistics.
On you forms, it is also possible to handle manually scoring. In the field properties, you can enable and attribute a manual score validation. If you don't know much about it, prefer to let it as default.
More information about this here: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/v3