When contacts receive emails from Webmecanik Automation, they can unsubscribe either in one step or two.
- Contacts click on the unsubscribe link and are immediately unsubscribed.
- Contacts click on the unsubscribe link and land on the preference center.
What is the preference center ?
This is a special landing page where contact can:
- Choose their frequency preferences,
- Choose their pause preferences,
- Choose their channel preferences,
- See in which list (segment) they are. They can add or remove themselves from these lists.
Contacts could fill in their preferences to receive emails that interest them at the right time.
If contact uncheck "Email" to not be contacted by email, he will then be unsubscribed in the automation instance and set as "Do not contact".
How to display the preference center page ?
If it is not activated, contacts who click on the unsubscribe link will be directly unsubscribed.
To activate it:
- Click on the gear on the top right corner.
- Click on "Configuration".
- Click on "Email settings".
- Scroll down to the "Unsubscribe settings" section.
- To activate the preference center, click on YES to "Show contact preference settings".
- Show contact segment preferences: Allow to display the list of public segment. Contacts can add or remove themselves from segments.
- Show contact frequency preferences: Contacts can choose the frequency of email send.
- Show pause contact preferences: Contacts can choose to have a pause to not receive emails.
- Show contact's categories: Will display the categories.
- Show contact's preferred channel option: Contacts can choose if they prefer to receive emails or SMS (if you activated Twilio).
After activated the preference center, you need to create the landing page that will be the preference center page.
- Go on the landing page section and create a new one.
- In the righ part, click on YES "is the preference center".
- Choose a theme and go on the builder.
- In the righ part, new blocs are displayed:
- Segment list,
- Category list,
- Preferred channel,
- Channel frequency,
- The save preferences button.
- Drag and drop the different blocs.
Each bloc can be customized.
- My preferred channel:
Text can be edited.
- Channel frequency:
If contacts uncheck "Email", they will unsubscribed and set as "Do not contact".
Remember, if you choose to not display frequency preferences and pause preferences, when contacts will land on the preference center, only "contact me trough email" will be displayed.
- Segment list:
When contact land on the preference center, the list of public segment will be displayed. If a contact is inside a public segment, this segment on the list will be checked. If the contact uncheck this segment then save, he will be removed from this segment within automation instance.
- The save button:
Last step consists to assign the preference center page to emails.
- When creating or editing emails, choose the preference page in the right part.
You can create as many preference center as you want. For example if you manage contacts in different languages, you can create other preference center in different languages.