With the synchronization between Webmecanik Automation and Livestorm, you will be able to :
- retrieve the status of contacts that interact with your webinars and use this information in segmentation (registered, present, absent).
- register contacts directly for webinars using Webmecanik Automation forms,
- recover the attention rate of your contacts,
- create conditional workflows with campaigns based on the status of your contacts and their attention rate.
To get started, you must have a Livestorm account in order to be able to generate your API key and activate the Livestorm plugin in Webmecanik Automation.
How to create the Livestorm API key ?
It's simple! Log into your Livestorm account, click on the Apps Marketplace button at the bottom left of the page :
The list of possible integrations is displayed, press the Public API button to access the interface to create the API keys.
Once you are there, click on the Generate Token button. Give a name to this token then press the Generate Token button.
The API key is generated automatically. You should copy it and immediately store it in a safe place because once this page is exited, you will not be able to retrieve it.
How to activate the Livestorm plugin in Webmecanik Automation ?
Log in to your Webmecanik Automation software. From the dashboard, click on the cogwheel at the top right of the page to access the configuration menu. Navigate to the Plugins section, then click on the Livestorm tile.
Fill in the Livestorm Token in the API Key field and don't forget to activate the plugin by pressing Yes. When this is done, click on the Save & Close button.
- Once the configuration is complete, notify Webmecanik support (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will ask Livestorm to lift the API limits for you and ensure that data exchange is not restricted! 🚀
How to use Livestorm data and events in Webmecanik Automation ?
In a form
From a form, you can register your contacts for Livestorm webinar sessions. For that:
- You must have already created at least one Livestorm webinar session.
- The form must imperatively contain the fields: Name, First name and Email. These should be set up as required as they are required to register for a webinar in Livestorm.
Following this, you can add the registration action in the Actions tab of your form, choose the action Subscribe to Livestorm webinar.
You can give a Name to your action as well as write a Description. Choose one of the following options :
- Specify the list of webinar sessions in the action. This will disable the Livestorm Webinar Sessions field if it is created in the form.
- Click on the webinar sessions checkbox in the form instead of here. This will allow the contact to select the webinar himself when viewing the form. In this case, the Livestorm Webinar Sessions field should be created in the form.
Finally, do not forget to match the mandatory fields (Email / First name / Last name) with the existing fields of your form, then click on the + Add button to save.
Now contacts can register for the Livestorm webinar directly from a Webmecanik Automation form.
In a campaign
The Livestorm integration gives you the option to use a condition based on participation or registration in the Livestorm webinars, as well as attention rate.
Here's how to configure this condition:
- Give it a Name that relates to the expected contact action. This will allow you to easily find your way around your campaign.
- Choose the execution date of this condition.
- Choose the following action two options are possible: “attended to at least one of the following webinars” or “registered to at least one of the following webinars”. NB: if you want to filter the people who were absent, choose “attended at least one of the following webinars”; the negative branch of the condition (red branch) will correspond to the absent ones.
- Select the webinars in question in the Webinars field.
- You can add a "Participation rate" condition. If this option is enabled, the participation rate will be verified upon each of the selected webinars.
- Finally, don't forget to save your work.
In a segment
The Livestorm integration also offers you the possibility to segment the contacts that interact during your webinars, thanks to the different statuses retrieved on Livestorm by the following filters:
- Livestorm webinar (attended),
- Livestorm Webinar (did not attend),
- Livestorm Webinar (subscribed).
- If you want to register people directly in Livestorm (and not through a Webmecanik form), you must use the subscription pages provided by Livestorm. The contact will be created automatically in Webmecanik Automation.
- If you add a contact manually to the webinar session, the registration will be taken into account in Livestorm but the contact will not be created in Webmecanik Automation.
- Some fields are mandatory by default in the Livestrom webinar registration form (Profession and Company). This requirement should be disabled so that contacts from Automation can register for Livestorm Webinars.