When contacts receive emails with Webmecanik Automation, they have the possibility to unsubscribe in one or two steps.
- The contact clicks on the unsubscribe link and is unsubscribed immediately.
- The contact clicks on the unsubscribe link and is redirected to a landing page which is the preference centre.
What is the preference centre?
It is a landing page that allows contacts to:
- Choose their contact frequency preferences.
- Choose their preferred channels.
- See which mailing lists (segments) they are in. They can remove or add themselves from said segments.
- See which categories they are in. They can be removed or added.
- Unsubscribe from all your marketing communications.
This will allow contacts to set their preferences to receive emails that interest them at the right time.
If a contact clicks on "Unsubscribe from all", they will be unsubscribed from all your communications and put in "Do not contact".
How do I create my preference centre?
If it is not activated, contacts clicking on the unsubscribe link will be automatically unsubscribed.
To activate your preference centre :
- Click on the cogwheel at the top right.
- Click on Configuration.
- Click on Email Settings
- Scroll down to the Unsubscribe Settings section.
- In the unsubscribe mode, select Preference Center.
- View Contact Segment Preferences: Allows you to view the list of public segments. This allows the contact to add or remove themselves from the different segments.
- Show Preferred Channels: Allows you to choose which communication channel they prefer from all those you have enabled. (This feature is useful if you use the marketing messages feature of Webmecanik Automation).
- Show contact categories: Allows you to display the list of categories. Contacts can be added or removed from the different categories.
- Show contact's preferred channels: The contact can choose whether they prefer email or sms.
- Show unsubscribe all: Allows your contacts to unsubscribe from all your communication channels with one click. This means that they will be put in "do not contact.
- Default custom preference landing page: here you can choose from the different preference centres you have created, this is the one that will be used by default in case you have not selected a preference centre in the email to send.
Once the preference centre is activated with the different options, you will need to create it via a landing page.
- Go to the Landing pages section and create a new landing page.
- In the right-hand column, click on YES for is the preference centre.
- Choose a theme and go to the generator. We have added a pre-existing theme to your instance as a base to help you set up your preference centre.
In the area on the right, new blocks appear:
- My preferred channels
- My contact frequency
- My segments
- My categories
- The validate button
- Drag and drop these different blocks into your template.
Each block can be customized in the right column. Find out more in our article dedicated to customisation.
- My preferred channels:
- Frequency of contact:
- The "Unsubscribe from all marketing messages" option:
- The button to save the results:
- The success message to inform your contact that their preferences have been updated:
How do I link my preference centre to my emails?
The last step is to assign a preference centre to an email.
- To do this, in the edition of an email and in the right column, choose the preference centre to assign.
Thus it will be possible to manage the multilingual, an email in English for example will be able to be assigned to the preference centre created in English.