Webmecanik Automation is based on the segmentation of your database. Each contact can be affiliated to several segments in order to receive different communications.
What are the types of segments?
Static segments do not contain any filters. The only ways to fill them with your contacts are:
- Import directly in the segment,
- Set actions in campaigns,
- Set actions in forms,
- Manually add contacts in segment via the interface.
It contain filters. They will update automatically as soon as contacts fulfill (or not) the conditions.
Be careful: contacts manually added into segments will not be removed even if they do not fulfill the condition's filters.
- Add contacts from a campaign action.
- Add contacts from a form action.
- Add contacts from the interface.
- Import contacts into segments.
This is why when importing contacts, we advise you to create static segments only for imports. Then create dynamic segments that will seek contacts from the import. It is better to avoid future issues with campaign scenarios.
The different filter conditions
It is important to understand how segments work in Webmecanik Automation in order to group your contacts properly.
First, let's discover the different possible conditions:
- Equals: groups all contacts with the value indicated in this field.
- Not equals: groups all the contacts with a different value than the one indicated in this field.
- Empty : groups all contacts with this field empty.
- Non-empty: groups all contacts with this field not empty.
- Like (SQL): In SQL, the "like" function is used to search for character patterns in text strings (e.g. all cities beginning with "Mar").
Contains: groups all the contacts whose value contains the indicated value.
(⚠️For multiple choice fields, the contact must contain all indicated values)
- Does not contain : groups all contacts with a value that does not contain the indicated value.
- Including : groups all contacts including the indicated value.
- Excluding : groups all contacts excluding the indicated value.
- Regexp : groups all contacts where the beginning of the value is common. Advanced function, see our tutorial on postal codes as an example.
- Non regexp : groups all contacts whose function values are not found in the indicated value, advanced function.
- Starts with : groups all contacts whose value starts with the indicated value.
- Ends with : groups all the contacts whose value ends with the indicated value.
What types of data can be filtered?
When you open the available filters, you will discover a very large list of possibilities. In fact, you can filter your segments with all the information of your contacts.
The most commonly used filters are those that directly use the values indicated in the contact fields. Simply type the name of your field in the search bar.
Just like your contact fields, you can filter your contact database using your company fields. Simply enter the desired company field in the search bar.
You have the possibility to filter your contact base thanks to their behavior. Select the behavior expected by your contact segment.
Just as it is possible to store data on your contacts and their companies in your marketing automation software, create new families of personalized fields according to your company's activity. See our documentation on this subject.
Side note: This advanced feature requires access to Webmecanik Automation Premium.
Please sign in to leave a comment.