In your Webmecanik Automation email builder, you can insert content links from your website or other resources. Let’s see how:
- Insert assets (downloadable contents)
- Insert video
- Insert links and content from your website
Insert assets in your email
It is possible to insert resources in your emails.
- First of all, you need to import your downloadable content into your Webmecanik Automation software.
- Then, copy and paste the link of this asset and integrate it in a button or directly as a hyperlink text in your email.
- Another way to integrate an asset into your email without leaving your email builder page is to insert a token directly.
Insert video in your email
Today it is not recommended to integrate a video in your email body. It is possible technically with a HTML 5 code, but it is not a good idea. Indeed, the majority of email clients do not support embedded video in an email.
But, it is possible to insert a link to a video in your email and we have a specific tool for you with the video slot available in your email generator.
- Click on the “Component” tab in the left side of your email builder.
- Drag and drop the video slot into your body email.
- This block displays a player button, click on it to open the settings tab.
- Copy and paste the link of your Youtube, Vimeo or Dailymotion video in the “Link” input
Warning, you have to take the browser URL and not the share link of your video to make it working.
- Your software automatically displays your video thumbnail and pastes the link in the block.
- It is possible to customize the thumbnail by selecting an image from your library or by integrating a URL in the field “Custom thumbnail”.
- You can also change the player button color in white or dark grey.
Insert links and content from your website in your email
To integrate links to your website from your email generator, you have several options:
- Integrate your link directly into your text with hyperlinks.
- Integrate your link into your buttons.
Insert content of your blog article automatically 🤩
Your email builder has a specific feature to automatically display the meta-content of your web page (meta-title, meta-description, image) in your body email. All you have to do is copy and paste your blog post URL in your email builder.
A very useful feature to share your articles in your emails and newsletters. It is also working with any other page of your website.
- Build your section with the following blocks: text for the title, another text block for the meta-description, an image, a button (you don’t have to set up every block if you don’t want them to be displayed).
- Place your cursor in the zone between your section and your blocks.
- A green “Column” frame appears, click on the newspaper icon.
- A modal opens, paste the URL of the page you want to share.
- Your software will automatically display: meta-title, meta description, image of your article. You also have the choice to automatically insert the links to your article on the title and the description.
Note: for this type of display, it is mandatory that the meta information on your web page is properly filled in your website back office.