It is important to test a campaign before being published. This will help you to validate that the behavior is the one you expect.
Let’s learn how to test a campaign triggering a focus item following a page visit condition.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Be sure that the Webmecanik Automation tracking script is properly inserted on your website. If not, follow the “how to insert the Webmecanik Automation tracking script ?” tutorial.
- Then, visit your website in Incognito mode.
- Accept the cookie settings (if you have installed a cookie manager).
- In a new window of your browser, login your Webmecanik Automation account and go to the Contacts page and view the anonymous contacts.
- Find your contact using your IP address and the time of your visit (you can use this site: https://www.whatsmyip.org/ to know your IP address).
- Add an email, Last name and First name to your contact.
- Manually add this contact to the campaign segment. If you need help, follow the “How to manually add a contact into a segment?” tutorial.
- Wait few minutes for the campaign calculation.
- Return to your site and go to the target page you provided in your campaign decision.
- The focus item should be displayed (pay attention to the delay in triggering the focus item, do not exit the page immediately).