Note: To use the webinar variables in emails, landing pages, segmentation, etc.n you must request the activation of this feature to the Webmecanik support.
With the synchronization between Webmecanik Automation and GotoWebinar, you can retrieve the contacts who registered / participated to your webinars and send them to your Webmecanik Automation database. You can also register your contacts to webinars using Webmecanik Automation forms.
Of course, it requires a GoToWebinar account.
- To get started, you need to create an app in your GoToWebinar developer account. Click on this link https://developer.logmeininc.com/clients.
- Once logged in, in the OAuth Client tab, click on "Create a new client".
- Fill in the various fields by giving a name and a description to the application.
- Before proceeding to the next step, you must also fill in the “Redirection URL” field. To find this URL, connect to your Webmecanik Automation instance and click on the cogwheel.
- Click on "Plugins".
- The list of different plugins is displayed. Click on the GoToWebinar plugin.
- Copy the callback URL.
- Go back to the settings of the GoToWebinar app, paste this URL in “Redirection URL” then click on “+ Add.” To go to the next step, click on “Next”.
- In this step, we only need to validate user rights. This option is checked by default and all you have to do is click on the "Save" button to go to the final step.
- In this last step, the customer's identification information is generated:
- Client ID: represents the customer's identifier, which you can find in the customer's information sheet.
- Client Secret: represents the password, it can only be displayed once.
- You must copy / paste this information in a very secure place in order to find it again if necessary.
- Then check the box "I have archived the client's secret" to confirm that they are well kept.
- Finally, click on the “Done” button to finalize the creation of this application.
- Go back to the plugin configuration in Automation, name the application the same as in GoToWebinar and paste the credentials in the according fields.
- Click on "Authorize the application". A pop-up should appear, press the Authorize button. If this pop-up does not appear, click on the url in your browser to authorize the pop-up.
- Publish the plugin then save and close.
Within segments, 3 new filters are now available:
- Webinar (registered),
- Webinar (attended),
- Webinar (did not attend).
Once the filter chosen, you can choose if this is for any webinars or one or more in particular.
Through Webmecanik Automation forms, you can register contacts directly to your webinars.
- Go in form edition and add the new available field "Gotowebinar - upcoming webinars".
- Go in the actions tab and action "Register to GoToWebinar".
- Map the fields and save.
When contacts will submit forms, they will be registered to the webinar they have chosen.
Please sign in to leave a comment.