You can synchronize contacts and companies from your Dynamics365 CRM with Webmecanik Automation
This synchronization uses the native Dynamics plugin in Automation.
Before enabling this sync, a reflexion phase on the field you want to synchronize is mandatory. All data in a CRM are not necessarily useful in a marketing automation software. They can even have a meaningful impact on your sales and marketing organisation. The goal is to simplify your lead and clients management, not to complicate it !
To well prepare this synchronization and achieve it in the best conditions, we invite you to contact your Account Manager that will provide you with best solutions to make the synchronization configured to match your needs.
Now that you know which field will be synchronized, when and in which direction, you can start the configuration.
Your account manager will guide you here as well for the operational configuration.
You start by creating custom fields in Automation that match with those in your Dynamics365
Each field type must be the same in both Automation and Dynamics365 CRM, so a “Date” field type in Dynamics Must be a Date field in Automation.
To create custom fields in Webmecanik Automation use this article to guide you.
Once custom fields have been created, setup of the plugin itself can start
Synchronisation Tutorial :
- Insert your Dynamics365 CRM URL, the Application ID and Secret into the Automation Dynamics plugin and authorize it.
- Set the Publish switch to Yes.
- Save & Close and your plugin is functional.
- Select the features you like in the Features tab. Push contacts to this integration checkbox is checked by default.
- Configure the field mapping for contacts, leads and companies if needed.
- Save the plugin configuration.
Set Up Dynamics 365 credentials
To configure your CRM for the synchronization you will need to setup Azure.
Set Up Azure
- Go to the Azure Portal
- Log in with the same credentials as your Dynamics365 CRM
- Go to Azure Active Directory
- Add a new Application Registration
- Fill in the CRM Application information
- Click on Create
- Click on the Application you just created
- You will use the Application ID when configuring the plugin in Mautic
- Add a new Key. Use any name, click on save and copy the value. You will use it as the plugin secret in Mautic.
- Configure the reply URLs using the callbacks from the plugin settings in Mautic. Click Save
- Configure the Required Permissions. Click on Add
- Add Dynamics CRM Online Api Access. Click Select
- Enable Dynamics CRM access for the users. Click Select and then click Done
- Activate the permissions by clicking "Grant Permissions". Click Yes
- Go back to Automation
- Authorize the plugin
- Use your onmicrosoft.com account to authenticate:
The plugin is now configured and operational, you will now have to “map” the fields between the 2 software.
You can map fields for leads, contacts and companies (Accounts).
The Dynamics365 plugin offer many features :
Enabled features :
The first option allows you to send Webmecanik contact in SugarCRM using forms, campaigns and points actions.
The second option allows you to pull contacts from SugarCRM in Webmecanik Automation with the automated task (“cron”).
The third option allows you to push Webmecanik contacts to SugarCRM using automated task (“cron”)
Update blank values allows you to fill blank fields ignoring mapping priority. (So you can be sure no field stays empty).
The following option allows you to choose if you want to send Automation contacts as leads or as contacts in Dynamics 365
Then you can choose if only leads or contacts too can be merged during synchronisation if the same email is sent multiple times.
Finally, you can choose which elements can by synchronize between Automation and Dynamics : Leads, Contacts and Accounts (companies)
You have completed the plugin configuration and your Dynamics 365 CRM and Webmecanik Automation are now synchronized.