You can activate Google Analytics tracking directly in Automation. This will enable you to activate Analytics tracking directly on the pages of your site that contain the Automation tracking script.
It also allows you to activate Google Analytics tracking for landing pages.
Webmecanik Automation landing pages.Finally, it will allow you to use the campaign action, which allows you to send a personalised follow-up to a campaign action (such as sending an email) in Analytics.
This will enable you to find out the origin of a page visit from a Webmecanik email, for example.
To configure Google Analytics in your Automation instance :
- Open the Configuration menu using the notched wheel in the top right-hand corner
- Go to the Tracking settings menu
- Here add the Google Analytics ID and select the elements you want to track.
- Then, if this configuration is activated, you can send tracking events to Google Analytics from a campaign.
- Following a page visit decision (for example, after an email has been sent to find out the origin of those who click on the link in the email).
- To do this, add the "Send tracking event" action after a page visit decision
- Select Google analytics as the service
- Add a category, an action and a label to clearly identify the tracking event in Google Analytics
- This information will enable you to identify the origin of these users in your Google Analytics (click from an Automation email for example).
You can now feed tracking information back into Google Analytics from Automation, or even track the pages tracked by Webmecanik directly in Analytics.