Webmecanik Automation allows you to generate leads with forms. Thanks to forms, you will get data on your prospects or clients also you could get their consent to send them emails.
How to create a form ?
- Once connected to your Webmecanik Automation instance, go on the "Components" section then "Forms".
- You will land on the form list (if there already are forms). Click on "New" to start creating a form.
- First step is to choose between standalone forms and campaign forms. More infos in this article.
- Once you have chosen, you will land on this window.
- Add a name to the form, eventually a description. Description will be displayed under the name of the form in the form lists.
- In the "Successful submit action", you can set rules after a contact submitted a form. 3 choices are available:
- Remain at form: contact stay on the form after submitting it,
- Redirect URL: contact is redirected on a new page (for example a thank you page) after submitting it,
- Display message: contact stay on the form after submitting it but a message displays.
- If you choose URL redirect or Display at form, you will have to fill the "Redirect URL/message" field below with the URL or the message.
- On the right part, you can customize some options.
- Category : add a category to the form (for example business case).
- Published : form should be published to be submitted by contacts.
- Publish at (date/time) : add a publish date to the form. The form should still be published (option above).
- Unpublish at (date/time) :add an unpublish date to the form.
- Disable search indexing : disable index for search engine.
- Kiosk mode : this mode does not add the cookie after submitting the form. That means if many contact submit a same form from the same support, they won't be merged but created. it is useful during tradefair.
- Render style : if you have chosen a theme (field below) you can choose to render the style.
- Thème : you can choose a theme for the form.
Once everything is set, click on "Fields" tab to start creating form fields.
- First step is to choose the type of the form field.
- Hidden : you can add a hidden field that contacts could not see.
- Captcha : add a captcha field to trap robots. If you have set the Google reCaptcha plugin, you could directly add the Google reCaptcha. More info in this article.
- Page break : create a form on few pages.
- Date and date/time : add a date or date time field.
- Email : email field.
- File : add file field then contacts could upload a file (for example a CV).
- Radio group : a group of unique choice.
- Checkbox group : a group of multiple choice.
- List country : add country list field.
- Select : display a select list.
- Number : a number type field.
- Text : a text field (for example for firstname, address, company etc.). This field is limited to 255 caracters.
- Phone : phone number type field.
- URL : URL type field.
- Description area : add a description before or after a field.
- Text area : Similar to text field but this one does not have a caracter limit. Useful to collect comments for example.
- HTML area : add an HTML area.
When you choose a type field, a pop up will display.
The label is the name of the field. You can choose to display it or not.
You can add a default value to a field if needed as well as a help message to help contact to fill the form.
If you choose to not display the label, they you can add the name of the field in the input placeholder. The name will be placed inside the field but as soon as the contact clicks on the field, it will disappear to add the contact value.
Contact field tab
This tab is important because this is where you map the form field to the contact custom field.
This is where you set if a field should be required on not.
You can add HTML attributs in this tab.
- Show when value exists allows to display or not the field if the contact value is already known in the database. Works only if the contact is identified on the session.
- Show after X submissions allow to display a new field if a contact has already submitted X times the form.
- Auto fill data allows to pre-populate the form field with contacts values that are known in the database. Works only if the contact is identified on the session.
One last step (not mandatory) is to add actions when a form is submitted.
- To do so, go on the "Actions" tab.
The available list depends on what form you have chosen at the beginning between standalone or campaign form. If you have chosen a campaign form, most of these actions will be available directly in the campaign so you won't see it displayed in the list.
Here is the list of the different actions:
- Add to company's score: add point to the company of the contact.
- Adjust contact points: add points to contacts.
- Record UTM tags.
- Modify contact's tag.
- Remove contact form do not contact list: if a contact has unsubscribed from previous email, then if he submits the form he can be opt-in again.
- Push contact to integration.
- Post result to another form.
- Send form results: send form results to the contact or to a user.
- Send email to contact.
- Send email to user.
- Download an asset: an asset can be downloaded in the browser after submitting the form.
Once the form is created, just save and close.
There are few options to integrate a form.
If the form should be on a Webmecanik Automation landing page, please consult this article How to integrate a form into a landing page ?
If the form should be integrated on your website, please consult this article How to integrate a form in my website ?