Webmecanik Automation allows you to synchronize your Twitter account to follow Twitter users that mentions you or a specific hashtag.
How to set up Twitter plugin ?
- First of all, you need to create an app on apps.twitter.com.
- Create a developer account by clicking on "create a developer account".
- Follow the steps.
- Once this is done, click on create an app.
- Give a name to the app and fill all the mandatory fields.
- In the "Callback URL", you need to add the URL that you will find in the plugin setting in your Webmecanik Automation instance.
- So connect to your Webmecanik Automation instance and click on the gear on the top right corner.
- Then click on "Plugins".
- The list of the different plugins will be displayed. Click on the Twitter plugin to open it.
- Copy the callback URL (in the grey bloc) then paste it on the "Callback URL" field in your Twitter app.
- Finish to create the app.
- Once it is done, go on the "Keys and tokens" tab.
- Copy both API key and API secret key and paste it within the Twitter pluging in Webmecanik Automation.
- API key --> Client ID
- API secret key --> Client secret
- Do not forget to publish the plugin by clicking on "YES".
- Click on "Authorize app".
- A pop up should display. If not, you need to allow notification in your browser then click again to authorize the app. Follow the steps.
WARNING : Contacts created with Twitter plugin won't have email addresses. It's a Twitter API limitation that block form getting emails trough API. However you will see the complete twitter profile in the social tab on the contact panel.