Webmecanik offers A/B testing of its emails, discover in this article how to improve the performance of your email marketing.
How to set up A/B testing on email?
- Create a new email..
- Activate the Enable A/B Test option.
- Choose the winning criteria for your A/B test.
- Determine the share (in %) of your segment that will be used for the A/B test. If you choose 10%, the A/B test will be done on this 10% and the winning email will be sent to the remaining 90% of your segment.
- Then determine your test duration. We recommend 24 hours for newsletters/newsletters etc. Don't hesitate to use several days if your email includes form submissions.
- Once done, save and close your email.
- Then click on Add an A/B test. This email will be the variant ("B") of your first email ("A")
- You will then discover a simpler creation interface because it is an email directly linked to your A email.
- Determine the relative percentage of the test in the Traffic Volume field. This percentage determines how many contacts will receive this variant in the sample you have already defined.
The idea is to be able to distribute the weight of each variant as needed. The ideal for an AB test is to distribute the weight of the emails you send fairly evenly (2 variants: 50%, 3 variants: 33.3%, 4 variants: 25%...). However, it can be interesting to put an unequal weight for a big change of newsletter for example. You can very well restrict the novelty to 10% of your test audience so as not to risk the opening rate of your already implemented newsletter.
- Once the volume of traffic is defined, you can save and close.
All that's left is to send your parent email, from the interface on the send button or by scheduling its publication! 🚀
Please sign in to leave a comment.