Webmecanik Automation allows you to create landing pages in different languages.
There are two different way to create same landing pages with a different languages:
- either you create a landing page in a specific language, then you duplicate it to get a new landing page and just change the content with another language (landing pages won't be linked),
- or you create a translation of the first landing page.
In this article, we will see how to create a translation of a existing landing page.
Create a translation
- Connect to your Webmecanik Automation instance, go on the "Components" section then click on "Landing pages" and create a new landing page.
- When creating your first landing page, add a language to this page.
- In our example, we'll choose english for the reference landing page.
- Do not forget to customize the alias, which is the end of the URL.
- Once your reference page is created, we will create a translation of this page.
- Go back in the list of the landing pages and click on new to create a new landing page (or you can duplicate it from your reference page).
- In this new page, choose a different language (the one you are interested in) and this time fill the "Is a translation of" field with the reference landing page.
- In our example, the second page is in french and linked to the reference page.
- Do not forget again to customize the alias (the end of the URL) according to the language you have chosen.
- Save the page.
- In the list of the landing pages, you will only find the reference landing page. You won't see displayed the translations.
Landing pages with translation can easily be identified because it has a logo next to the name (cf image above).
To modify a translated landing page, first click on the reference page (in the list of landing pages) to display the page sheet. Once in the page sheet, you will see the "Translation" tab. The "Parent" tag allows to identity which page is the reference page. The "Actual" tag allows to know which page is selected. So if click on edit, it will edit the actual page. To choose another translated page, just click on the name of the page (you will that the "Actual" tag will switch to the new one).
How to use translated landing pages in campaigns ?
Landing pages are available in campaign decisions. You can add decisions on landing pages visit.
- Go in campaigns then in the builder of the campaign.
- Add the decision "Visits a page" and choose the landing page in "Limit to pages" field.
- If the reference page and translated pages have the same names, you can easily differentiate it with the language prefix (example fr for french and en for english).