Before you start creating your landing pages in several languages, your Webmecanik Automation must be configured to manage multi-language contents. Here is how to enable this feature: How do I manage multilingual in my Webmecanik Automation account?
Once your Automation is configured for multi-language support, you can start creating your landing pages.
There are two different ways to create a same landing page with different languages:
- either you create a landing page in a specific language, then you duplicate it to get a new landing page and just change the content with another language (landing pages won't be linked),
- or you create a translation of the first landing page.
In this article, we will see how to create a translation of an existing landing page.
Create a translation
- Log in your Webmecanik Automation account, go to the Components section and click on Landing pages to create a new landing page.
- When creating your parent landing page, select you language.
- In our example, we'll choose english for the parent landing page.
- Do not forget to customise the alias, which is the end of the end user URL.
- Once your parent page is created, we will create a translation of it.
- Go back in the list of the landing pages, and click on new to create a new landing page (or you can duplicate it from your reference page).
- In this new page, choose a different language (the one you are interested in) and this time fill the "Is a translation of" field with the parent landing page.
- In our example, the second page is in french and linked to the parent page.
- Do not forget again to customise the alias (the end of the URL) according to the language you have chosen.
- Save the page.
- In the list of the landing pages, you will only find the parent landing page. You won't see displayed the translations.
Landing pages with translation can easily be identified because it has an icon next to the name (see image above).
To modify a translated landing page, first click on the parent page (in the list of landing pages) to display the page sheet. Once in the page sheet, you will see the "Translation" tab. The Parent tag allows to identify which page is the parent page. The Current tag allows to know which page is selected. If you click on edit, it will edit the current page. To choose another translated page, just click on the name of the targeted page.
How to use translated landing pages in campaigns?
Landing pages are available in campaign decisions. You can add decisions on landing pages visit.
- Go in campaigns then in the builder of the campaign.
- Add the decision "Visits a page" and choose the landing page in "Limit to pages" field.
- If the reference page and translated pages have the same names, you can easily differentiate it with the language prefix (example fr for french and en for english).