With Webmecanik Automation, you can send emails to your contacts. Your database can be composed with contacts from multiple countries. Thus, you will need to send emails according to their languages.
There are two different way to create same emails with a different languages:
- either you create an email in a specific language, then you duplicate it to get a new email and change the content with another language (emails won't be linked),
- or you create a translation of the first email.
In this article, we will see the creation of email translations.
How to create email translations ?
- Connect to you Webmecanik Automation instance, go in the "Channels" section and click on "Emails".
- When creating your first email, add a language to this email.
- In our example, we'll choose english for the reference email.
- Once your reference email is created, we will create a translation of this email.
- Go back in the list of emails and click on new to create a new email (or you can duplicate it from the first email).
- In this new email, choose a different language (the one you are interested in) and this time fill the "Is a translation of" field with the reference email.
- In our example, the second email (in french) is linked to the reference email which is in english.
- Save and close when your email is created.
- In the list of email, you will only find the reference email.
Emails with translation can easily be identified because it has a logo next to the name (cf image above).
To modify a translated email, just click on the reference email (in the list of emails) to display the email sheet. Then, click on the "Translation" tab. You will find the reference email as well as the list of translated emails. The "Parent" tag allow you to identify the reference email. The "Current" tag allow you to know which email is selected.
To apply changes on a different email that the current one, just click on the name of another email and the new one will be selected The "Current" tag will switch to the new email chosen. Then click on "Edit" to edit the current email.
How to send translated emails ?
In your campaign, add action "Send emails" and choose your email.
If your translated emails have the same internal name, you will be able to differentiate it with the language prefix (for example, "fr" for french and "en" for english).
It is the same way of sending simple segments emails. To send a translated email, just click on the name of the translated email (like explained above with the "Current" badge) and click on send.