Segments can have many filters. After choosing a filter, it is possible to add another one.
To do so, you have to choose between two operators:
How to use it properly ?
The "AND" operator works like an addition. It means when this one is chosen the filter below will be added to the previous one and so on.
Let's take an example: you would like to get contacts with an email address living in Annecy.
- Be careful to not add filter on a same custom field that can contains only one value (example below):
- This would mean: contacts with an email address living in Annecy and London. Contacts cannot have these two values in this kind of field.
But if you would like to have contacts with an email address living in Annecy or Lyon, you may use the "OR" operator (example below):
- As we chose to have contact with an email address, it is necessary to add this same field again by using the "OR" operator. Then as previously seen, you may add the new filter on the city by using the "AND" operator.
The "OR" operator can also be used like this :
- It means: contacts that are in segment "test1" or "test2" or "test3".
- "AND" operator allow to add filter to the previous one,
- "OR" operator offers an alternative.
Few examples of segments:
You would like to have contacts from segment "test1" and "test3 or only contacts from segment "test2":
You would like to get contacts from segment "test1" that have more than 30 points living in Paris which are not in the segment "test2".
You would like to get contacts that have read the email "test" or "form" and have the tag "TEST2":