In Automation, there are two types of segments:
- Static segments
- Dynamic segments
Static segments do not have any filters. The only way to fill with contacts are:
- Import directly in the segment,
- Set actions in campaigns,
- Set actions in forms,
- Manually add contacts in segment via the interface.
Dynamic segments contain filters. They will update automatically as soon as contacts fulfill (or not) the conditions.
Be careful: contacts manually added into segments will not be removed even if they do not fulfill the condition's filters.
- Add contacts from a campaign action,
- Add contacts from a form action,
- Add contacts from the interface,
- Import contacts into segments
This is why when importing contacts, we advise you to create static segments only for imports. Then create dynamic segments that will seek contacts from the import. It is better to avoid future issues with campaign scenarios.