A dynamic content can be used when you want to send an email with customize content according to the custom fields.
There is two ways to create dynamic content in Webmecanik Automation :
- For email in "code mode" a new tab will appear after you switch to code mode
- For email with a theme you can use a "dynamic content block" in the builder
How to create dynamic content in a "code mode" email ?
Example with contacts living in different cities.
- Create a new email (or edit an existing one)
- Click on "Dynamic Content" tab
- In this tab you will create the dynamic content.
There's already a Dynamic Content 1.
Default tab allow to create a default content if there are no values in the custom field or if the value is different of the variation that will be created.
In our example, a contact lives in Annecy, another one in Lyon and the last one has no value in the custom field "City".
- In default tab, create the content for contacts that have no values or differents one than the variations.
- Then create the variations.
- Add a filter on the custom field "City" and create the content.
- Add the second variation by clicking on "New"
You know need to insert your dynamic content in your email :
- Open the builder
- Place your cursor where you want to insert your dynamic content
- Use the command ctrl+space to bring up the token list
- Seek and select your dynamic content token :
- The token in inserted and you dynamic content will be displayed when you send your email
Finish to create your email, save, quit and send.
How to create dynamic content in an email with a theme ?
If you use a theme for an email you won't see the tab "dynamic content". Instead you will find a "dynamic content" block in the builder.
This block works like a normal text block (you can place it where you want) but he have variants that you can setup.
This allow you to personalize your dynamic content exactly where you want in the email. Manage variant following the first part of this guide.
Lets see the results:
- Contact that has Lyon as a value in the field "City"
- Contact that has ANNECY as a value in the field "City"
- Contact that has no value in the field "City"